Communication Transfer Pathway

Associate in Arts, Liberal Arts Transfer – Communication Concentration (AALAT)

Washtenaw Community College (WCC) has collaborated with several colleges and universities to provide a transfer pathway from WCC’s Liberal Arts Transfer program to a bachelor’s degree in Communication at participating universities. The full MiTransfer Pathway agreement can be found on the Michigan Transfer Network website. View a list of participating colleges and universities.

Earning an Associate Degree

WCC students must complete all of the following course and degree requirements to earn an Associate in Arts. Regular meetings with an advisor are strongly recommended to stay on track for graduation. Please contact our advising center at 734-677-5102 if you need assistance visit Academic Advising and Career Guidance.

Degree Requirements

To complete the Associate in Arts Degree and the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) General Education Requirements, these credits should be met according to the following outline:

  • English Composition: ENG 111:Composition I (4 credits)
  • Second Course in English Composition or One course in Communication: ENG 226: Eng. Comp. II
  • Mathematics: One course from MTA approved list; Check w/your transfer destination for the preferred course
  • Natural Sciences: Two courses from MTA approved list (from two different disciplines; including one with a lab)
  • Social Sciences: Two courses from MTA approved list (from two different disciplines)
  • Humanities and Fine Arts: COM 101 and one course from the MTA approved list (not COM)

The MTA approved list is located in the WCC Catalog or visit MI Transfer Agreement (MTA).

Major Courses (9 Credits)

The following are common transferable Communication courses. Click on the courses to see how they transfer.

Remaining Associate Degree Requirements

WCC has articulation agreements (transfer agreements) with Eastern Michigan University and WCC which provides WCC students with a transfer pathway that allows up to 90 credits or more to transfer towards your bachelor’s degree.

Take the
Next Step