Ever feel like you don’t really know where your money goes or like you’ll never get ahead of your debt? National Money Smart Week takes place April 15-21, 2023 and it’s the perfect time to boost your knowledge on personal finance, make that budget, and get one step ahead.
Start with the Bailey Library’s Financial Literacy Research Guide for videos, links, and resources on budgeting, planning, loans, credit, debt, scam awareness, and more.
Stop by the Student Center from 11:00am-1:00pm on Wednesday, April 19 to visit the Money Smart Week pop-up table and check out a book on personal finance or stock up on free worksheets on creating a budget, managing credit and debt, creating an emergency plan, and more.
- On Wednesday, April 19, 2023 from 2:00 p.m. – 2:20 p.m. Money Smart Week will host
“Debt Relief.” This virtual event is part of Money Smart Week. Regain control of your debt by attending this session in which the National Foundation for Credit Counseling will:
- Bring clarity to the complex landscape of debt-related financial products
- Outline popular options to affordably repay debt
- Teach patience and informed decision making when debt feels overwhelming
- Leave the session with an understanding of the steps involved for proper debt management and the pitfalls that could set you back
- This event is free and open to the public, but registration is advised. Submit your questions during the registration process.
- University of Michigan Credit Union has an ongoing series of financial education workshops that are free and open to the public.