Take advantages of these technology services provided at no cost to WCC students, faculty, and staff to make your work here more efficient.
WCC Student Resources
- Richard W.Bailey Library - Search the online catalog and research databases for your academic needs including e-texts
- Disability Services, Assistive Technology , and Academic Accommodations
- Math Study Skills – videos and worksheets to provide support success in mathematics
- Computer and Online Resources at WCC - Information on computer labs, WCC email, Google Apps, and more
- Online Advising - Meet online with an academic advisor or visit during walk-in hours
- Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct Code - Your rights and responsibilities in such areas as discrimination, harassment, academic honesty, plagiarism, and the complaint process as defined by WCC Board of Trustees Policy 4095
Software Help & Resources
- Computer Requirements - Make sure your computer and browser are ready for your class
- Adobe Reader - Free program for opening PDF files
- Typing Tutor - Browse tools to improve your typing speed and accuracy
Options for Office Products
- WCC Google Drive - Use your WCC netID to access Google Drive's Office Apps
- OpenOffice - Open source program for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and databases
- Office 365 for Education - This is free to students who are enrolled at qualifying schools. You can Install Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs and on other mobile devices, including Windows tablets and iPad®. For more information or to see if you are qualified, please visit http://products.office.com/en-us/student. If you experience any problems contact Microsoft's Help & Support.
- Microsoft Web Apps (OneDrive) - Word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation web apps accessible with a Microsoft account by signing into OneDrive
The URL for your website is http://space.wccnet.edu/~netID, where you replace netID with your own netID.
Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
To access your space, you must use SFTP software. Here are some popular SFTP applications:
Enter the following information when connecting through your SFTP software:
- Host: space.wccnet.edu
- Port: 22
- Protocol: SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol
To log into your space, use your netID and password. After you log in, create a directory called “public_html” on the server. Place your files in this directory.