April 9, 2020 Rich Rezler
Update: The blood drive is full. Thank you, Washtenaw County! Other donations are still being accepted.
In a spirit of collaboration, Washtenaw Community College and St. Joseph Mercy Hospital are co-hosting a blood drive from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, April 16 in the Morris Lawrence Building on the WCC campus (see campus map).
Because these are extraordinary times, and the generosity of our community so great, the blood drive is nearly full. If you would like to donate at the drive, please sign-up now at www.redcross.org, using sponsor code WCC13.
Due to COVID-19, extra precautions are being made at the blood drive, including:
- The drive is by appointment only. No walk-ins will be accepted at this time
- Donors will be required to have their temperature taken before exiting their vehicles
- Donors may wait in their cars for their appointment and receive a text when the nurse is ready for them
- All tables and chairs will be six-feet-apart compliant
- No guests will be permitted at the drive
- Volunteers and nurses will wear masks/gloves
- Tables and chairs will be sanitized after each donor
- Donors will receive specific instructions
If you cannot donate, but would still like to help, Student Organizations and Student Activities will be accepting the following donations at the drive:
- Face masks to be donated to area hospitals
- Hygiene products for area health institutions
- Canned and non-perishable foods to be donated to Food Gatherers
If you are dropping off donations, do not exit your car. Follow the donation signs in the Morris Lawrence Building parking lot to identify the drive-thru donation area.
Donations will only be accepted between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Thursday, April 16, 2020. Please RSVP via this form prior to dropping off goods so that we can plan for adequate staffing/transportation resources to get your donations safely to their intended destinations.