Federal Funding

You can get money for school in a variety of forms from the federal government. Learn here about all different kinds of aid that are available to you.


The US government is a key source of student loans:

  • Direct Loans are for students to help you pay for your education.
  • Direct PLUS Loans are for parents to help pay for their dependent children’s education.

Learn more about what it means to get a federal student loan and how you can use the money.


Federal grants are based on your financial need and don’t have to be repaid. Learn more about:


You can get paid through work-study to work part-time at WCC or off campus while you attend school.


Check out the US Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid website .

Take the
Next Step