The Carl Perkins Grant helps pay for tuition, textbooks, and child care costs for students who have financial need and are in eligible occupational majors. Income guidelines may apply.
To qualify for a grant, you must fit into one of eight categories:
- Single parent (including single pregnant women)
- Individual with a disability
- Individual preparing for a non-traditional field
- Individual from economically disadvantaged family
- Out-of-workforce individual
- Youth who is in, or has aged out of foster care system
- English Learner
- Homeless individual (as defined by McKinney-Vento Act)
The Carl Perkins Grant is supported by allocated Carl Perkins funds to the Student Resource Center. Last academic year 2022-23, the SRC awarded a little over $163,000 in Perkins (tuition, books, childcare) grants to students.
Still looking for financial support? Be sure to review other sources of financial aid on the Get Money for College page.