Each year, more than 1000 students receive scholarships funded by the WCC Foundation and their generous donors who want to help remove financial barriers to your success.
The Foundation awards scholarships based on a combination of financial need and merit. Applicants must:
- Demonstrate financial need via the FAFSA (see Apply below)
- Be a high school senior or current WCC student
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Have at least a 2.0 grade point average in classes relevant to your area of study. If you’re a new student, ask your instructor to forward your interim grades or submit your high school transcripts.
The scholarship amount is based on the number of credit hours you plan to take during the semester:
- 12 hours or more: $1,000
- 9-11 hours: $750
- 6-8 hours: $500
- 1-5 hours: $250
You can receive the scholarship more than once, but you need to reapply each semester. The only exception is that you can apply for fall and winter semesters at the same time. To be considered for a scholarship renewal, you must maintain a cumulative pace of completion of at least 67% with a 2.0 GPA.
To apply for a Foundation scholarship, you must:
Submit: the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate financial need.
The Federal School Code for WCC is 002328.
Fill out: the WCC Foundation Scholarship Application online.
You will be asked to include a personal statement of 250 words or less. The statement should discuss your academic and career goals and any special circumstances that make you deserving of a scholarship. Before you fill out the application, you should write the statement and get it ready to cut and paste because you only have 30 minutes to complete the form.
You are encouraged to submit a letter of recommendation. You may either:
- Email your letter to submit your letter to [email protected]
- Deliver your letter in person to the:
- WCC Foundation office, Room SC 304
- Financial Aid office, Room SC 205
The scholarship deadlines are well in advance of the start of the semester, so be sure to plan ahead!
Fall semester: Priority Deadline June 10, Extended Deadline October 1
Winter semester: Priority Deadline October 10, Extended Deadline March 1
Spring/Summer semester: Priority Deadline Feb 10, Extended Deadline June 1
Still looking for financial support? Be sure to review other sources of financial aid on the Get Money for College page.