Student Tax Information

As a WCC student (or parent of a student), you may be able to save money with tax credits, deductions and savings plans.

EIN (Employer Identification Number)

For use on your tax forms, WCC's educational institution's employer identification number (EIN) is 38-1784300 .

Form 1098-T

When you file your taxes, you need to include a Form 1098-T that shows your payments and other reportable transactions with WCC. We send your Form 1098-T to you by January 31. You may also view your 1098-T information by logging into your MyWCC account and clicking Student Services.

WCC is required to include your social security number on your form 1098-T. If you have not previously provided the college with your social security number and need to, please use this Form W-9S. For security purposes, please do not send your completed Form W-9S to the college electronically or via email. Please mail the form to:

Washtenaw Community College
Attn: Cashier
4800 East Huron River Dr
Ann Arbor, MI 48105

Questions? Please call 734-973-3640 with 1098-T questions and receipt requests.

Tax credits and deductions

Visit the IRS's Tax information for students to learn more about

  • Credits and deductions
  • Education credits and student loan interest
  • Filling out your FAFSA
  • International students

To learn what's new for this year's taxes, read the IRS's Tax benefits for higher education Publication 970 (PDF) .

Receipt request

Use this form to request a receipt .

Take the
Next Step