February 1, 2021 WCC Marketing
Free In-District Tuition with the Michigan Reconnect Scholarship
Now is the time for Michigan residents over the age of 25 to attend college! The state of Michigan recently announced a new scholarship program to make a college education more affordable and accessible to all residents.
This scholarship program will pay for in-district tuition, technology fees and contact hours not already covered by a Pell Grant or other tuition-only fund. Out-district students who receive the scholarship will be required to pay the difference between the in-district and out-district tuition rates.
To be eligible you must apply with the state of Michigan and meet the following criteria:
- At least 25 years old when you apply
- Michigan resident, having lived in Michigan for a minimum of one year
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have not yet completed any college degrees
Below are four easy steps to complete if you meet the eligibility criteria:
- Apply for the scholarship on the state of Michigan website
- Apply to WCC if you are not already enrolled
- Submit your FAFSA. WCC’s Federal School Code is 002328
- Enroll in classes at WCC (at least 6 credit hours) and stay enrolled continuously through graduation
Reconnect Information Session
Register for an information session and learn more about the new Michigan Reconnect scholarship program, how to apply and other next steps.
- Wednesday, March 31, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 1, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 7, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 8, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 14, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 15, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 17, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Schedule a 1:1 Meeting
Schedule an appointment to meet 1:1 with a recruitment and enrollment team member about the new Michigan Reconnect scholarship program.