Free In-District Tuition with the Michigan Reconnect Scholarship
Now is the time for Michigan residents 25 and over to attend college! The state of Michigan recently announced a new scholarship program to make a college education more affordable and accessible to all residents.
This scholarship program will pay for in-district tuition, technology fees and contact hours not already covered by a Pell Grant or other tuition-only fund. Out-district students who receive the scholarship will be required to pay the difference between the in-district and out-district tuition rates.
To be eligible you must apply with the state of Michigan and meet the following criteria:
- At least 25 years old when you apply
- Michigan resident, having lived in Michigan for a minimum of one year
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have not yet completed any college degrees
Below are four easy steps to complete if you meet the eligibility criteria:
- Apply for the scholarship on the state of Michigan website
- Apply to WCC if you are not already enrolled
- Submit your FAFSA. WCC’s Federal School Code is 002328
- Enroll in classes at WCC (at least 6 credit hours) and stay enrolled continuously through graduation
Reconnect Information Session
Interested to learn more about Reconnect? Register for an information session!
Session Days: Tuesdays from 5-6 p.m.
A Zoom link will be emailed to you once you register.
Schedule a 1:1 Meeting
Schedule an appointment to meet 1:1 with a recruitment and enrollment team member about the new Michigan Reconnect scholarship program.