Free In-District Tuition with the Michigan Reconnect Scholarship
The Michigan Reconnect Scholarship is a great opportunity for eligible adults to earn a college degree tuition free. Whether you want to finish a degree you started, pursue a different career, or add new skills, this may be the boost you need.
- Be 25 years old when you apply
- Be a resident for a year or more
- You must apply with the state of Michigan
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have not yet completed any college degrees
For a limited time only, those 21 to 24 are now eligible for Michigan Reconnect! Earn your degree or certificate tuition-free at Washtenaw Community College. Time to apply is limited, but your future doesn't have to be. Say hello to making more money, landing a better job and pursuing your passion.
To be eligible you must:
- Be at least 21 years of age and not more than 24 years of age
- Apply and enroll in a community or tribal college no later than fall semester 2024
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Have lived in Michigan for at least a year
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent or certificate of completion
- Have not yet completed a college degree
Don't wait - apply to Michigan Reconnect by Friday, Nov. 15, 2024!
This program is for a limited time only - don’t miss the deadlines to apply, enroll and work toward your degree while it remains tuition-free! Reach out to our Financial Aid Office for additional information on applying your Reconnect Scholarship to your tuition bill.
Out-of-district tuition costs:
Reconnect only pays the in-district tuition for any of Michigan’s public community colleges. You will be responsible for covering the difference between the in-district and out-of-district tuition rates of the community college you plan to attend if you live out of the district and if you do not have other scholarships or awards to cover the difference.
Be sure to visit the Michigan Reconnect website for more information.
Reconnect Scholarship Request for Information
Reconnect Success Stories
Need enrollment help?
Questions about financial aid?
Download Success Guide for Adult Learners