The HBCU Pathway is designed to assist students in preparing to transition seamlessly from high school to an Historically Black College & University (HBCU) upon completion of their associate degree at WCC.
Our primary goal is to keep college tuition affordable for students and families while providing an opportunity that ensures a sense of belonging. Pairing WCC's low-cost tuition rates with an affordable HBCU tuition will help minimize the overall cost for students completing college.
More than 11,000 students enroll at WCC each year to receive one of the best overall values in higher education. Whether you're interested in online or in-person courses, we have the educational resources and renowned faculty to provide everyone a high-quality, impactful education.
Interested in discovering more, complete the form that best fits your interest:
|Prospective Student||Current Student||Community Member|
"WCC prepared me for Morehouse College by offering rigorous courses and practical student leadership opportunities. A person who has been educated at WCC and an HBCU is destined to make a positive impact on the world."
- DeVaghn Swanson
- Guaranteed admission into partner schools
- Application fee waiver to partner schools
- Access to in-state tuition & scholarships
- HBCU campus tour(s) & peer activities
- Completion and acceptance of general education requirements upon transfer
- Must be enrolled or admitted at WCC
- Submit complete HBCU Pathway interest form
- Participate in program events and activities
- Fall 2021 Transfer Information Sessions | Oct. 20, 2021
- HBCU Pathway Open House | 6-7:30 p.m.
- Event Registration