WCC offers study abroad educational experiences led by WCC faculty to give you a window on the world and expand your learning opportunities! We can also help connect you with external organizations and partners if you are interested in finding your own study abroad experience.
So why should you think about studying abroad? Check out some of the reasons you should consider participating in what could end up being one of the most exciting and rewarding experiences of your college career.
- Expand your horizons. Spending time abroad gives you new perspectives on other cultures and how others view the world.
- Explore new academic opportunities. Learning something in an entirely new place can put a whole new spin on something. Forensic anthropology in Peru? Yes, please!
- Learn a language. If you would like to study abroad in a country where the language isn’t English, you may have a great opportunity to be immersed in a culture and language and learn it in a real world setting.
- Build your career options. Studies show that students who have study abroad experience on their resumes often have an advantage in today’s increasingly global job market.
- Make friends and network. Enjoy an opportunity to make friends with your travel companions and perhaps meet new friends from other countries. You may make friends and contacts for life!
- Have the experience of a lifetime. Live, learn, and make unforgettable memories.
Read what some past WCC study abroad participants have to say:
Jake Zettelmaier, United Kingdom
"The time I spent here was a dream and I think it was a colleague of mine, Jake, who summed it up best: “It wasn’t I who excavated Vindolanda, but Vindolanda who excavated me.”"
Hope Donaldson, Costa Rica
“I would definitely recommend studying abroad! Being immersed in new place and culture is an amazing experience. I would learn something in class and be able to use it the same day. I also learned how to get around town, where to go out to eat, and what to do on the weekends. I gained a sense of independence that doesn’t come from moving out of my parents’ house or having a job – it comes from being somewhere unfamiliar and making it familiar.
“Studying abroad has been a great experience. I was surprised when I first found out that WCC has a program. It’s a great opportunity. I’m already making plans to study abroad again.”
Interested? Contact us for more information!