Due to the CoVid 19 virus, the Testing Center has implemented a temporary Placement Testing process for Reading, Writing and Math placement.
You do not need to go through Placement testing if you have one of the following:
- If you have ACT/SAT scores that place you at college level in Reading and Writing.
- If you have earned a minimum of 15 hours from an accredited US college/university with a GPA of 2.0 or higher, you will not need to take the placement testing for Reading and Writing.
- We now use 10th/11th PSAT test scores to calculate academic levels for reading, writing & math.
- Submit a high school transcript from a U.S. high school: Students who have graduated from high school or are currently in 12th grade and have completed 11th grade, and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 will be given an Academic Level of 6 in Reading and Writing and an Academic Level of 3 in Math.
- You are a guest student or already have a college degree from an accredited US college/university
All documents may be submitted via email to [email protected].
Check your academic levels.
Reading and Writing / Accuplacer
Students may complete a Writing Placement or ACCUPLACER (computerized) assessment designed to assesses your skill level in reading and writing. Learn more about the ACCUPLACER assessment.
There are two different ways to complete the reading and writing placement test:
- (Preferred Option) The Writing Placement test is used to calculate academic levels for reading and writing
and may be completed on any device. Access the Writing Placement test:
WRITING PLACEMENT TEST
- You may sign up to take the Accuplacer test by clicking on the link order your test. Your submitted request will automatically be sent to [email protected]. A proctor will send you instructions and link to sign up.
Please note: You must have internet, PC or laptop with a webcam and microphone. Accuplacer does not work on Chromebook or tablet.
The ALEKS PPL is an assessment test that determines which math course you are ready
to take. Learn more about the ALEKS test or order your test. A proctor will send you instructions on how to access the test from home.
Please note: You will need a Reading level of 3 or above before taking the ALEKS test. You must also have internet, PC or laptop with a webcam and microphone. ALEKS does not work on Chromebook.
If you would like to take the ESL CAMLA test, please sign up for a day and time to test.
Spanish Placement Test
- If you would like to take the Spanish Placement Test, please send an email to [email protected] and a proctor will contact you to arrange a testing time.