Due to the CoVid 19 virus, the Testing Center has implemented a temporary Placement Testing process for Reading, Writing and Math placement. You must have internet, PC or laptop with a webcam and microphone.
Accuplacer/ Reading and Writing
A proctor will send you instructions and link to sign up. Accuplacer does not work on Chromebook.
Other Placement Options:
Students can now access the Writing Placement test through a new Blackboard course (Blackboard Placement Test) and in MyWCC. The new Blackboard Placement test is located under the Student Connection tab in Blackboard. Students who are already admitted to WCC and want to improve their academic level in writing can go directly to Blackboard to submit a writing assessment. Applicants who still need to complete placement testing can access directly from their checklist screen in MyWCC.
The Writing Placement test will be used to calculate academic levels for reading and writing.
You will need a Reading level of 3 or above before taking the ALEKS test.
A proctor will send you instructions on how to access the test from home. ALEKS does
not work on Chromebook.
You do not need to go through Placement testing if you have one of the following;
- If you have ACT/SAT scores that place you at college level in Reading and Writing.
- If you have earned a minimum of 15 hours from an accredited US college/university with a GPA of 2.0 or higher, you will not need to take the placement testing for Reading and Writing.
- We now use 10th/11th PSAT test scores to calculate academic levels for reading, writing & math.
- Submit a high school transcript: Students who have graduated from high school or completed 11th grade, and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 will be given an Academic Level of 6 in Reading and Writing and an Academic Level of 3 in Math.
- You are a guest student or already have a college degree from an accredited US college/university
Check your academic levels.
If you would like to take the ESL CAMLA test, please sign up for a day and time to test.
Spanish Placement Test
- If you would like to take the Spanish Placement Test, please send an email to [email protected] and a proctor will contact you to arrange a testing time.