You can play a vital role in putting your students on the path to a successful career—and we can help. Career Transitions offers assistance in:
- Helping students find the right career path—We assist students in determining the right career for their interests, career goals, skills and values. We are one of the best resources for job outlook, salary and employment trend information.
- Connecting you with employers—We work directly with employers who are interested in meeting you. We offer opportunities to build mutually beneficial relationships with employers and provide many forms of support.
- Making connections through career fairs and events—Our career fairs and events provide opportunities for students, alumni and community members to meet representatives from organizations in their industries of choice and establish a network of contacts.
- Mastering the job interview—We offer one-on-one mock interviews to simulate the actual interview experience and provide constructive feedback regarding performance and ways to improve.
- Identifying experiential education opportunities—Experiential learning is an integral part of the educational experience. We assist students in identifying internship and cooperative education opportunities.
Schedule a class presentation
Our advisors are available to visit your class and offer instruction on various employment opportunities. Presentations are customized for your program and average 15- to 45-minutes in length. Topics include:
- Resume and cover letter development
- Interviewing techniques
- Effective job search strategies
- Experiential learning: co-op and internship programs
- Getting a job from a career fair
Call us today to schedule your visit!
We encourage faculty members to bring their classes to Career Transitions to tour our library and resources. Please contact our office to schedule a visit.
Career Transitions can offer assistance in finding employers to speak to a class. Let us know if we can help you make that connection.
Has an employer contacted you interested in employing one of your students? Let us know! We can assist you in helping your students navigate the employment process.
Internships are opportunities for practical experience. Internships offer students an introduction to work environments and provide opportunities for skill building. On-the-job training and networking prove valuable in determining career interests.
Cooperative Education (co-op) is an academic program that blends classroom learning with practical work experience. Students earn academic credit while experiencing hands-on learning in the workplace. Co-op students discover keys to career success as they develop job search plans in their chosen field.