Verifying your identity is important to Washtenaw Community College. This allows WCC to confirm a student’s identity and helps to prevent identity theft. As part of the admissions process new and returning students will be required to complete a 2-Step identity verification process.
- Step 1: Identity Documentation Required - Students must submit a front and back copy of a valid form of identification.
- Step 2: Verify Identity-InPerson/Zoom - Students must meet with a WCC Team member either in-person at the Student Welcome Center, 2nd floor Student Center building or virtually during a brief Zoom meeting.
*Both Step 1 and Step 2 can be completed in-person at the Student Welcome Center. You do not need to submit your identity document prior to your visit.
Failure to provide a government-issued photo ID and verify your identification in a timely manner will result in your admissions processing being stopped and may impact the awarding of any financial aid. If you are having trouble obtaining a valid identity document, please contact the Student Welcome Center 734.973.3543 or [email protected] for assistance.
Verification of Identity - In-Person @ Student Welcome Center
(Both Step 1 & Step 2)
Available Mon-Thurs | 8 a.m.-6 p.m. and Fri | 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Come to the Student Welcome Center (Student Center Building, 2nd floor) and sign-in at the kiosk for assistance.
- When called to the counter, you must present your valid identification to WCC staff.
- After verification, WCC staff will update your Admissions Checklist to show your identity has been verified.
- Finish any enrollment checklist items that you may have.
Verification of Identity - Virtual Process
Step 1 – Identity Documentation Required
- Use a phone camera, digital camera or scanner to create a color picture (pdf or jpeg file) of the front and back of your identity document which includes your photo. Make sure the whole document is captured and clearly legible.
- Please allow at least one business day for processing and review your MyWCC, Admission Checklist for updates. When ‘Identity Documentation Req’ shows ‘Complete’, you can move on to Step 2. Please follow Instructions on setting up your netID in order to locate your MyWCC, Admission Checklist.
Step 2 - Verification of Identity - Zoom meeting
Available Mon-Fri | 10:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Click VERIFY IDENTITY to join a very brief Zoom meeting room. Make sure you have completed Step 1 above and your MyWCC, Admission Checklist has been updated before joining us for a virtual meeting.
You will need your WCC ID number and the valid identity document you previously submitted. Your WCC ID number was emailed to you and can also be found in your MyWCC account.
You will receive a temporary meeting link which will only be valid for a short time. If you are not able to attend this meeting, please re-click ‘Verify Identity’ above to receive a new meeting link when you are ready.
Once in the Zoom room, you will be asked to hold up the ID you previously submitted while your face is fully visible on camera.
After verification, WCC staff will update your MyWCC, Admission Checklist to show your Identity has been verified.
- Finish any other pending admissions checklist items you may have.