Orientation helps you get your WCC experience off on the right foot, by introducing you to resources and technology, academic planning tools, tips for success, your success team and more!
If you're ready to get acclimated to campus, let's get started!
Why Attend Orientation?
Attending orientation will help you:
- Understand WCC resources, opportunities, policies and procedures.
- Formulate academic and personal goals for your first semester and plan for adjustment that will be unique to your college experience.
- Feel supported through your enrollment and college transition experience.
- Connect to peer-to-peer experiences that promote connection to the WCC.
- Be aware of support services and resources available to you.
Virtual Orientation is required on the application checklist for all new, first time students. As a first-time student, you can register for Virtual Orientation through your MyWCC account. All other new students are welcome to drop-in to a Virtual Orientation session at any of the scheduled times by clicking on the link below.
Led by members of the WCC onboarding team, you will explore your MyWCC student account, learn important information about succeeding at WCC and how to register for classes! Gain knowledge about relevant campus resources and have the opportunity to speak with current students to discover the ins and outs of student life at WCC!
Virtual Orientation (Required for new, first time students)
These 1-hour webinar sessions are led by members of the WCC onboarding team through Zoom.
Mon. 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Tues. 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Wed. 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Thurs. 3 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Fri. 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Virtual Orientation is available on select Saturday's:
August 14, 21, and 28
January 8, 15, and 22
May 7 and 14
Want to go at your own pace? We've designed two self-paced orientation options for you to learn about all things WCC, important policies and procedures and tools to help you succeed. Note: All new, first time students must attend Virtual Orientation in order to complete the application checklist but can use these self-paced options for continued reference.
Questions about Orientation?
Questions about Zoom or Blackboard?
Meet the student ambassadors who will be leading your orientation.
As an admitted WCC student, you will have immediate access to Blackboard, the college’s learning management system. Accessing Blackboard for Orientation is easy! Just follow the instructions below:
- Visit www.wccnet.edu and sign into to your WCC Gateway Student Dashboard in the upper right hand corner
- Once signed in, click the “Blackboard” tile
- One clicking the Blackboard tile, you will be directed to the main landing page of blackboard. Once here, you can find the Orientation course on the left hand side of the page under “Course List”
- Find and choose “New Student Online Orientation”
Additional Sessions for:
If you’re studying in WCC on an F1 visa, welcome! You’ll attend this orientation to learn about the requirements specific to your status.