Orientation helps you get your WCC experience off on the right foot by introducing you to resources and technology, academic planning tools, tips for success, your success team and more!
If you're ready to get acclimated to campus, let's get started!
Attending orientation will help you:
- Understand WCC resources, opportunities, policies and procedures.
- Formulate academic and personal goals for your first semester and plan for adjustment that will be unique to your college experience.
- Feel supported through your enrollment and college transition experience.
- Connect to peer-to-peer experiences that promote connection to the WCC.
- Be aware of support services and resources available to you.
Orientation is required on the application checklist for all first-time students. As a first-time student, you can register for orientation through your MyWCC account. If you have issues accessing your account, please contact the Student Welcome Center at [email protected] or dial 734-973-3543.
These hour-long webinar sessions are led by members of the WCC onboarding team through Zoom. Virtual or in-person orientation does satisfy requirement.
|Select Saturdays||12 p.m.|
New Students log-in:
Other Student Types log-in:
The orientation connect session is an hour-long session lead by members of the WCC onboarding team. In-person sessions are temporarily under construction, virtual orientation sessions are still running 5 days per week. If you need in-person assistance please contact us.
We've designed our self-paced orientation review for you to learn about all things WCC such as important policies, procedures and tools to help you succeed. Please note that all new, first time students must attend a live orientation in order to complete the application checklist but can use the self-paced option for continued reference.
SELF-PACED ORIENTATION QUICK GUIDE: Open to all
NEW STUDENT ONLINE ORIENTATION BLACKBOARD COURSE: Admitted students only
Questions about Orientation?
We're here to help!
Questions about Zoom or Blackboard?
The staff at the Learning Commons are available to assist you.
Parents learn how your
student's transition to WCC!
Meet the student ambassadors who will be leading your orientation.
As an admitted WCC student, you will have immediate access to Blackboard, the college’s learning management system. Accessing Blackboard for Orientation is easy! Just follow the instructions below:
- Visit www.wccnet.edu and sign into to your WCC Gateway Student Dashboard in the upper right hand corner
- Once signed in, click the “Blackboard” tile
- One clicking the Blackboard tile, you will be directed to the main landing page of blackboard. Once here, you can find the Orientation course on the left hand side of the page under “Course List”
- Find and choose “New Student Online Orientation”
Additional Sessions for:
If you’re studying in WCC on an F1 visa, welcome! You’ll attend an orientation to learn about the requirements specific to your status.
English as a Second Language
Attend this session to learn about the CaMLA English placement test, which assess your language skills and identify a starting class level. To select an upcoming ESL orientation session, see your "Checklist" within MyWCC.
Extension Centers (temporarily closed)
We offer Orientation Sessions, placement testing, and advising at our Brighton and Hartland campuses.
For accommodations for a disability: Contact Learning Support Services by calling 734-973-3342 or email [email protected] to make arrangements. You must make arrangements at least 2 weeks prior to attending your session.