Welcome to the Wadhams Veterans Center, a place on campus for veterans to call home and connect with other military students. Wadhams Center provides military-friendly programs to serve all former and current active-duty military personnel, spouses, and dependents of veterans, and students in the National Guard or Reserves.
If you want to meet fellow students and get help making your transition into college life easier, visit us. We provide resources and support such as:
- Academic advising
- Assistance with completing the process to obtain veteran benefits
- Assistance with understanding WCC policies and procedures that relate to veterans
- Certification of enrollment for benefits
- Computers for school use
Military educational benefits
A variety of military benefits are available to help you achieve your education and career goals.
GI Bill® benefits may be used for academic programs that lead to a degree or certificate. Other benefits may be used for academic programs. Learn more about how to take advantage of your military educational benefits.
We are here to support you during your deployment and will attempt to make our part of it as smooth as possible. Learn about your deployment options.
When life gets complicated and stressful, WCC's counseling staff is available to assist you by offering personal counseling so you can continue to reach your academic goals.
VA counselors are available on a limited basis on campus to help coordinate your access to benefits and other resources.
Our center was renamed on Veterans Day 2015, in honor of Tim and Laurie Wadhams for their generous support of the college and continuation of the Veterans Center. WCC is proud to be designated as a Michigan Veteran Affairs Agency Veteran Friendly School.
- Veterans Online Application (va.gov)
- 22-1995 Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (Chapter 30, 33, 1606, 1607 and TOE)
- 22-5495 Dependents Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (Chapter 35)
- Enrollment/Veteran Benefits Certification Request form
- Joint Services Transcript (Military Transcript)
- American Legion
- American Veterans
- Disabled American Veterans
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Michigan Department of Military & Veterans Affairs
- Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency (MVAA)
- Neighborhood Legal Services
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- Washtenaw County Department of Veterans Affairs
- Wounded Warrior Project