The Handshake employment posting site is a free service provided by Washtenaw Community
College Center for Career Success. Positions posted to this site are viewable by alumni
and students of WCC. The Center for Career Success may reject any posting without
notice. Current postings, and employer contact information contained within the posting,
will be displayed on the public site until removed by the employer, the Center for
Career Success, or automatically upon reaching the posting end date.
The Center for Career Success retains all postings and employer contact information in an administrative database. The Center for Career Success may occasionally use contact information to identify possible employers interested in participating in employer outreach programs such as, but not limited to on-campus recruitment, panel discussions, and classroom presentations. Employer contact information will not be sold, rented, or released outside the College.
WCC’s Center for Career Success adheres to the Principles of Professional Practice from the National Association of Colleges and
Employers (NACE) and works only with employers or third-party recruiters who also adhere to this code.
The following policies and guidelines apply to all employers offering opportunities
for WCC students or graduates. Employers creating an account agree to abide by the
guidelines set forth by WCC's Center for Career Success.
WCC Center for Career Success reserves the right to reject from Handshake, sometimes without notice, positions that are out of date, vague in description, and postings that conflict with departmental or college guidelines and policies.
Employers posting opportunities with WCC must adhere to the following conditions:
- The employer agrees the position listed is a valid opportunity that would be appropriate for students or alumni.
- The employer provides the necessary information needed to post a career opportunity (organization name, products or services provided, job description, etc.).
- Third party recruiters will state clearly their relationship to the position and provide a detailed description of a specific open position. Recruiters are encouraged to disclose their represented client within the posting, if at liberty. Third-party recruiters must be representing specific employers who have contracted with them and will disclose to the Center for Career Success Office the names of the represented employers.
- All employers postings on this site agree that any information received regarding a candidate must not be used for any purposes other than providing further information to the applicant about the jobs.
- Employers are expected to provide information on students hired through the Center for Career Success Office postings, including names, rate of pay, hours per week, and employment beginning dates.
- The position complies with all applicable federal and state employment laws, affirmative action and equal employment opportunity regulations.
- All employers must abide by the Principles for Professional Conduct for Center for Career Success and Employment Professionals as published by NACE.
WCC will not post positions of the following nature:
- Positions that require upfront payments.
- Jobs which require enlistment into any branch of military service. U.S. Military recruiters are not classified as recruiting agencies.
- Opportunities from private families/individuals (e.g. babysitters, personal care assistants, tutors, dog walkers, elder care, etc...)
An employer's use of Handshake is deemed to be their consent to comply with these guidelines. If you have comments or questions please direct your inquiry to [email protected].
If you agree to these terms and conditions you may proceed to create and use your account on Handshake.