Your safety is our priority. Our campus is patrolled by both Public Safety officers and campus resource officers. Our campus resource officers are sworn law enforcement officers in the State of Michigan.
Take measures to keep yourself and your property out of harm’s way.
If you see something, say something!
- Contact Public Safety at 734-973-3411 (extension 3411), or make an online report (can be anonymous).
Request a safety escort on campus
- You may request a safety escort from any location on campus to any other location on campus by contacting Public Safety.
If you walk alone
- Be aware of your surroundings. Walk confidently and at a steady pace. Avoid alleys, doorways, and bushes.
- If you think you are being followed, walk quickly to a well-lit area where other people are present.
- If you are in danger, scream, yell, or run to draw attention to your situation.
When out with your friends
- Never leave beverages unattended while talking or when leaving the table.
Around your car
- Have your car keys in hand when approaching your vehicle.
- If you think you are being followed, drive to a police station or other public place. Never leave your car unless you can do so safely.
Find more recommended guidelines , as well as other Public safety information.
There are many organizations in Washtenaw County that exist to help residents with physical, emotional, and safety needs. Visit Community resources to learn more.