Mon/Thurs 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Tues/Wed 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Virtual Writing Center Hours on Zoom
Mon-Thurs 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
If you're enrolled in one of the following writing courses—ENG 050, ENG 051, ENG 090, ENG 091, ENG 100, ENG 111, or ESL 168—you have a required Writing Center component that will consist of a series of writing assignments that will count as 25 percent of your final grade in your writing course.
Getting Started in the Writing Center
- If you’re registered for ENG 090, ENG 091, or ENG 111, purchase the Writing Center workbook at the WCC Online Bookstore. If you’re registered for ENG 050, ENG 051, ENG 100, or ESL 168, your work-book will be on your Writing Center Online Community Blackboard site or your course Blackboard site.
- All the information about the Writing Center assignments is in your Writing Center workbook.
- Note your Writing Center assignment deadlines, which are in this guide.
- You must submit your Writing Center assignments on your Writing Center Blackboard site on or before the deadline dates. You can work ahead as fast as you want, but not as slow as you want.
- Your Writing Center assignments will be checked by a Writing Center staff member, not your classroom instructor.
- Your Writing Center assignments are graded Pass/Resubmit and count as 25% of your final grade in your writing course. Your instructor also has access to your Writing Center Blackboard site.
- Our job in the Writing Center is to help you pass all your Writing Center assignments. If you meet or beat your deadline dates and work with us, you should pass all the assignments.
- We cannot accept late Writing Center assignments. If you have a late assignment, contact your classroom instructor.
- We at the Writing Center are committed to providing friendly, compassionate, and knowledgeable support that will help you become a better writer.
- If you would like to speak with a live WCC English instructor on Zoom, please visit us at The Virtual Writing Center.