If you are a student who has earned high grades during your time at WCC, congratulations! Your hard work has paid off. We give students who have the highest levels of academic achievement special recognition.
Honors are awarded to students earning a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA at the time of graduation.
High Honors are awarded to students completing 12 or more credits with a minimum 3.8 GPA. Students earning a 3.8 GPA or higher are invited to an Honors Convocation recognition ceremony.
Honors and High Honors are indicated on students' transcripts, the commencement program, and press releases.
The Dean's List includes students who:
- Have completed 12 or more credits during a semester with a minimum 3.5 GPA, or
- Are attending on a part-time basis, have accumulated at least 15 credits, and earned a minimum 3.8 GPA over the previous 3 semesters (Spring/Summer counts as 1 semester).
Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK), the international honor society for 2-year colleges, has been recognizing academic achievement since 1918.
To be eligible for membership, you must:
- Be enrolled at WCC or another regionally accredited institution offering an associate degree program
- Have completed at least 12 hours of coursework leading to an associate degree (part-time students may be eligible)
- Have a cumulative 3.5 GPA
Students inducted into the organization will receive a Golden Key membership pin, an embossed certificate, the Golden Key Newsletter, and a Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Directory. Society members wear a gold braid and tassel at commencement ceremonies and receive a gold diploma seal indicating membership. This designation will also be included on students' academic transcripts.
Questions? Pick up a PTK brochure from the the Student Activities office, visit the PTK website , or contact the PTK advisor at WCC.