We partner with participating high schools to provide advanced education and training in technology-related careers—while saving you money on tuition, books, supplies, and transportation costs.
With the Tech Prep program, you can:
- Take CTE classes for college credit right at your own high school.
- Get a head start on your career or make a smooth transition into college.
- Prepare early for a competitive job market.
- Control college education costs—there are no out of pocket expenses when you earn accelerated college credits.
How it works
You can earn college credit if your high school is authorized by the State of Michigan to offer the course or program. Find out if your high school has a Tech Prep partnership with WCC by viewing the articulation agreement list .
The articulated credit(s) appear on your college transcript after you complete 1 semester at WCC. Your instructor prepares your performance records and submits it directly to WCC using the CATEMA® system—a web-based systems tool that helps high school teachers recommend students for accelerated college credits.
Students, you must:
- Be recommended by your high school instructor.
- Apply for the credit(s) within 2 years of graduation from high school (or prior to leaving high school).
- Meet certain minimum academic criteria.
Schedule an appointment with your high school counselor to ask about earning accelerated college credit!
There are several fields you can choose from:
- Auto Body Repair
- Automotive Services Technology
- Business Office Administration
- Child Care Professional
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Networking
- Computer Systems Technology
- Culinary and Hospitality Management
- Digital Video Production
- Graphic Design
- Health Care
- Mechatronics or Robotics
- Photographic Technology
- Web Design and Technology
See the Accelerated College Credit page to view current eligible courses.