Learning Support Services is pleased to announce the implementation of Accommodate beginning Winter 2023. Accommodate is a core electronic system to assist students, faculty and staff in requesting, approving and implementing disability related accommodations.
Accommodate allows you to:
- Maintain 24 access to approved accommodations
- For students who are incoming or who are not yet registered with LSS in Accommodate, create a student account by completing the LSS Student Registration Request -required one time only)
- Receive a confirmation letter for accommodations after the registration request and documentation are received and approved
- Complete a semester request each semester to ensure the continuation of accommodations
- Request an appointment with an LSS Program Specialist
Academic Guidance is arranged by appointment in Learning Support Services.
Accommodations are requested through Learning Support Services at WCC rather than directly to faculty members.
Documentation Guidelines verify eligibility for services. You will be asked to submit documentation of your disability.
Student and Staff Responsibilities - students must submit a Semester Request for each semester accommodations are needed. Please submit timely to avoid delays - recommended to submit after schedule is finalized and at least two weeks before a new semester. During peak periods (the first week of a new semester) requests may take up to 10 days for processing.
Services - see a listing of available services.
Whenever possible equal access for individuals with disabilities will be achieved by implementing principles of Universal Design. When barriers still exist you may request reasonable accommodations as a means of securing equal access.
A semester request is an important task all students registered with LSS must complete each semester after registering with LSS. The request confirms to LSS that the student would like to continue their accommodations and apply approved accommodations to their current semester’s courses.
It is the student’s responsibility to complete a Semester Request each semester enrolled at WCC. LSS is not responsible for student’s who do not complete a Semester Request in a timely manner.