Testing with Accommodations
Tests are administered in Learning Support Services for students who have registered in DS with a documented disability and have been approved for accommodations. The following may be included:
- Extended test taking time (if test is administered in the classroom versus the testing center)
- Proctored in a location where distractions are reduced
- Use of assistive technology
Students have the option of taking tests in the classroom or at the Testing Center. However, only DS can provide the above listed accommodations.
When students schedule a test in DS they are to notify the instructor of the date and time of the testing appointment.
The instructor then:
- completes a Test Instructions Form for each test.
- delivers the test and Test Instructions Form to DS (LA 104) at least one day prior to the student's testing appointment.
- indicates on the Test Instructions Form whether a completed test will be picked up by the instructor or delivered to the instructor's mailbox by DS staff.
Hours for dropping off and picking up tests are Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Tuesday until 6 p.m.
Tests are administered in DS Monday-Thursday between 8 a.m. and 4:45pm. Spring/Summer
terms may have reduced hours.
Direct tests and questions to both Testing Specialists:
(734) 477-8781 or ext. 8781
Proctor Hours: Monday – Thursday, 8am to 5pm
Main Office Phone: (734) 973-3342
Location: Liberal Arts Building, LA 104
Download the Test Instructions Form (PDF).