News & Information
- Is Your Phone Still In Your Pocket? You just reached into your pocket to get your phone, only to find it missing. What do you do?
- The below message is spam and not phishing. A phishing …
- Many colleges and universities have recently been the target of …
Security Policy Information
- Board Policy 8021 – Internet Accounts Policy
- Board Policy 8022 – Computing Resources Usage Policy
- Terms of Service & Privacy Statement
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Copyright Infringement
- WCC Enterprise Information Security Plan
- WCC Identity Theft Detection, Prevention and Mitigation Program
- WCC Social Media Policy
- WCC Identity Standards
- Information Technology Security Awareness Training for Faculty and Staff Employees
- Information Technology Security Awareness Training for Students
From the CISO
I would like to introduce you to the Information Security Office (ISO). The ISO serves as an advocate for the college’s information security needs in protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of its information assets. It is responsible for information security strategy optimization and program coordination across the institution. The ISO oversees information security policies, standards, guidelines and controls; provides compliance oversight and risk assessments; and coordinates information security efforts, incident response and College-wide security training and awareness. The ISO team reports to the College’s new CIO, Peter Bosco, and consists of Ross Zidar (Security Analyst) and Bill Ouchark (Chief Information Security Officer).
A very important aspect of information security is awareness, and you will notice in the coming weeks and months an increased effort on our part to bring to your attention security-related recommendations, practices, notices and alerts. We will also be establishing closer communications with business process and data owners responsible for processing, storage and transmission of sensitive data or personally identifiable information, including that which may fall under compliance areas such as FERPA, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, GLBA and other Federal or State regulatory requirements.
I would also like to encourage those of you with questions or concerns to please contact us via either email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (734-477-8911).
Chief Information Security Officer
Washtenaw Community College
Information Security Office
Report an Issue
Call (734) 477-8911 or email email@example.com