You will follow this general process for enrolling, whether you are a new student or returning after a break (more than 2 years). Some students have enrollment requirements in addition to the steps below.
Need help narrowing down your options? Check out our tool for discovering your abilities, how they relate to careers, and which WCC programs are the best fit for you.
You can apply for free! There is no fee when you apply for admission to WCC.
If you want assistance applying, come to the Student Connection, located on the second floor of the Student Center building
Submit your application at least several weeks before the semester begins. This ensures that you have time to complete all your admission requirements before the semester begins.
It may take us at least 1 full business day (Monday-Friday) to process your application from the time we receive it. A confirmation email will be sent to you. Once your application is processed we will send you another email with your student ID and next steps.
Your netID is your online identity with WCC. It lets you access all online services at WCC ranging from your WCC email account to MyWCC, where you can view My Checklist for admission requirements, register for classes, check your grades, and more. Your netID is the part of your WCC email address that comes before the @ sign.
You must complete Connect Session (orientation) and entry assessment before you are admitted and can register for classes. Some students may have additional enrollment requirements. To see your checklist:
- Login and click on your Applicant tab
- Check My Checklist
- Click on an item to get instructions for completing it.
- Check the class schedule to see what classes WCC is offering.
- Be sure you meet the prerequisites that are required for the classes you want.
- Resolve any holds you may have
- Register for classes by clicking on the Student Services tab in MyWCC.
- Online: Visit MyWCC to pay your bill. Here is an option to pay the total amount or to pay in installments. You can authorize others, such as a guardian, to pay on your behalf.
- In person: Visit the Cashier’s Office in the Student Center.
- You can authorize a third party, such as your employer, to pay on your behalf.
Where you live (your residency status) determines your tuition. Review the WCC residency status criteria to prepare for your payment.
If you need help with paying your tuition, visit the:
- Office of Financial Aid for loans and scholarships or
- Student Resource Center for emergency food and financial assistance
- Save time and money—order your books online at washtenaw.bncollege.com.
- Get educational discounts on software at Thinkedu.com/bncollege.
Any time after you’re admitted and registered for courses at WCC, take one of the forms of ID listed on WCC's Residency page (see Documents that determine your residency) to Student Connection, on the second floor of the Student Center building, for identity verification and to get your Student ID card. The first Student ID Card is free; the fee for a replacement card is $10.
Check your page for more information:
- Veterans and military
- F1 visa student
- Health and 2nd tier admissions
- Former student
- Current high school
Remember to explore all WCC has to offer
As a student, you have full access to all WCC offers, including clubs, sports, restaurants, our dental clinic, fitness facility and more!