Not sure where to go for help with your application, registration or your student account? Maybe you're looking for some advice or help with your future plans.
The Student Connection is the information hub to answer your questions.
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Connect with us virtually!
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Due to COVID-19, the Student Connection has suspended on-campus services; however, we continue to serve students remotely. NOTE: Student ID cards will not be available until we return to campus.
Not sure where to go for help with your application, registration or your student account? Maybe you're looking for some advice or help with your future plans. You can find answers to the most common things you would need support for. If you have further questions don't hesitate to reach out. The Welcome Team is here to help you!
TIP: When submitting documents to Admissions or Student Records via email, note that we can only accept scans (PDF) or pictures (JPG) as an attachment. If your documents are in the body of the email or in the form of a link, we will not be able to view them.
Find out about taking classes at WCC:
- Find out about academic programs and course offerings
- Find out about introductory ESL classes and college level ESL classes
- Find out about enrolling as a guest student from another college
- Find out about dual enrollment for high school students and homeschoolers
- Find out about earning a GED
- Find out about personal enrichment and professional development classes
Get help with the online admissions process:
Manage your student account:
- Set up your student account
- Retrieve your NetID and/or reset your password
- Complete address and residency changes
- Change your legal name or preferred name
- Correct your Social Security Number (SSN)
- Correct your date of birth (DOB): submit a photo to [email protected] of both sides of your government-issued ID with the correct DOB
Register for classes:
- View deadlines for dropping or withdrawing from a class
- Put your name on the waitlist for a class or contact an instructor to request an override
Manage your academic record:
Find out how to pay for classes:
- See tuition rates
- Find out about payment deadlines and payment methods
- Find out about financial aid including grants, loans, and scholarships
- Find out about the Student Emergency Fund
Access academic support services:
- Contact an advisor:
- Find out about the academic support our Learning Commons offers students, including free tutoring, study groups, writing center, and tech support
- Find out about our Success Coaches for first-year students
- Submit a course concern or grade appeal
- Submit a refund exception request when unable to complete the semester due to extenuating circumstances
Recruitment & Outreach Team
Reasons to Connect with the Recruitment & Outreach Team
- Get parent information and support
- Find out how WCC can help you achieve your goals
- Schedule a virtual campus tour
- Get help obtaining a WCC F-1 Student Visa
Counselors & Teachers,
we're here for you!
- Schedule a School or Classroom Presentation
- Request WCC Recruitment Material
- Connect with your School's Assigned Recruiter
- Request your School's Application Trends and Historic Data
- Get Help with Dual Enrollment Admissions Requirements
Contact: Steve Bloomfield, Manager of Recruitment & Outreach [email protected]